McGinnis Lochridge represents US and foreign clients on cross-border investments and commercial transactions, regulation of international trade and investment, public and private international issues, and transnational disputes. We have international transactional experience in over seventy-five countries including developing markets such as Asia, Latin America, and the North Africa/Middle East region.
Membership in SCG Legal
SCG Legal (formerly the State Capital Group) is a worldwide network of more than 145 preeminent, independent law firms in over 82 countries worldwide. SGL Legal provides our clients with a trusted resource for identifying local counsel worldwide. As a member firm, we can connect our clients to local or regional experts anywhere in the world, using the network to identify an attorney or attorneys of another member firm with the experience to help solve our clients’ legal and business challenges.
Our experience includes:
- Counseling multinational oilfield service and equipment companies regarding the formulation and implementation of programs for compliance with international trade regulations, sanctions, and anti-bribery requirements.
- Representing US and international manufacturers on cross-border sales contracts, distribution agreements, sales rep agreements, procurement activities, and the creation of foreign subsidiaries and branches throughout the world.
- Counseling to US and foreign electronics and software firms regarding worldwide technology and software licensing terms.
- Advising US technology and manufacturing companies with respect to OEM and joint development agreements in China, Malaysia, the Philippines, Mexico, Germany, Taiwan, and other markets.
- Advising a wide range of industries such as start-up technology companies and multinational manufacturers, regarding structuring of cross-border businesses, including plans to take advantage of bilateral investment treaty protections, regulatory benefits, tax-advantaged arrangements (including IC-DISC), and asset havens.
- Advising foreign business investors and high-net-worth families from Asia, Latin America, and Europe regarding the advantageous structuring of investments, trusts, and affiliates in the United States.
- Representing US and foreign clients in cross-border litigation and arbitrations regarding investment disputes (including ICSID arbitrations) expropriation claims, contract disputes, IP theft, and other contested matters.
- Advising to consumer products companies on vendor terms and supply chain integrity to reflect evolving norms of corporate social responsibility and to mitigate brand and legal risk in their procurement activities.