Corporate & Business Transactions
McGinnis Lochridge attorneys counsel clients on corporate organization and assist with the formation of business entities, as well as capitalization with stocks, bonds and securities. We handle financing, stock placement and acquisition financing, as well as equity, debt and structured financing. We also counsel clients on governance and compliance with state and federal laws and ethics requirements.
We have years of experience with officer, director and shareholder requirements. Our clients range from major public companies to smaller entities, including single-owner or manager entities. We provide skilled assistance on a wide variety of issues and transactions, from the very complex to the relatively simple.
Our collective experience has included:
- Forming new business enterprises by creating corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and other entities under the laws of Texas, Delaware or other states.
- Assisting with the development of new business plans, along with operating agreements and other basic rules for governance and compliance.
- Guiding clients on financing matters such as stock placement, acquisition financing, equity issuance, debt placement and structure project financing, as well as investment plans and the issuance of securities and bonds.
- Counseling boards on a variety of issues including fiduciary duty issues and officer, director and shareholder relationships and obligations.
- Guiding clients regarding the requirements of executive, officer and employee compensation and benefits, including stock options.
- Preparing offering and financial disclosure documents to comply with the requirements of both state and federal securities regulators.
- Assisting with a wide range of negotiations from simple negotiations with potential partners and investments to create startup entities, to complex matters involving acquisitions, sales, issuance of securities and the development of new lines of business.
- Advising clients on state and federal tax issues including margin or franchise tax questions, federal tax issues, local property and sales taxes and other state level taxes.